TCEE is a Texas Jump$tart Coalition Board Member
The Texas Jump$tart Coalition is a nonprofit organization that connects diverse financial education champions together to prepare Texas youth for lifelong financial success.
The coalition works to:
- Raise public awareness of personal financial education for Texas youth;
- Promote financial literacy efforts in Texas;
- Serve as a resource in Texas for legislators, educators and other parties interested in financial literacy; and
- Ensure Texas youth are equipped to make informed personal financial decisions.
The Texas Jump$tart Coalition also is an affiliate of the National Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy.
WHAT WE OFFER
The Texas Jump$tart Coalition is in a rebuilding year—working with a strong group of volunteer officers and board members. (Pictured below.)
2016 initiatives for the Texas Jump$tart Coalition include:
- Network with other Jump$tart Coalitions to identify best practices.
- Create a new, active, and current Texas Jump$tart website.
- Build communication across existing Texas partners.
- Support the Jump$tart National Educators Conference Nov, 5-7 in Dallas.
- Recruit more state partners to further build the coalition.
WHAT WE NEED
- Sponsors for teachers scholarships to attend the Jump$tart National Educators conference in November.
- Public, private, corporate or personal companies as sponsors or partners for Texas Jump$tart.
Kellie Haayer, President
Texas Jump$tart Coalition